Gwanghwamun is the main gate to the south of Gyeongbokgung Palace. It means "the great virtue of wages reflects the whole country."
Built in 1395, a pair of hatch sculptures are located on both sides of Gwanghwamun, a two-story pavilion. There are three Hongyemun (Archimun) on the stone pillars of Gwanghwamun. The middle door was the king's, and the other left and right doors were the servants' doors.
On the ceiling of the gate in the middle of Gwanghwamun, there is an abacus. Gwanghwamun was destroyed twice by the Korean War, and on August 15, 2010, some restoration works were completed except for Woldae and Haitai.
In modern times, the name "Gwanghwamun" itself is not only used as a castle gate, but also as a common name for Sejong-ro in Beopjeong-dong, including Sejong-daero and Gwanghwamun Square.
In fact, the Sejong-daero intersection, where Sejong-daero, Jongno-gu and Saemunan-ro intersect, is about 600 to 700 meters away from Gwanghwamun, but it is often called "Gwanghwamun intersection (intersection)".
The Uijeongbu and Yukjo government offices were established to perform key administrative functions since the Joseon Dynasty, and this area is one of the places where Seoul's history is implied along with Sungnyemun Gate.
In other words, it is one of the landmarks in Seoul.