K-HISTORY 3 Page > Little Korea


Meaningful Days of Korean History

  • 2001.3.29
    Opening day
    At the same time as the opening of Incheon International Airport on March 29, 2001, the international line at that time was transferred to Gimpo International Airport in Gangseo-gu, Seoul.

    Since it is a maritime airport created by compensating for the sea between Yeongjongdo and Yongyu-do, it operates 24 hours a day, unlike the inland airport Gimpo International Airport.

    Incheon International Airport Corporation (IIAC), which was established on February 1, 1999, is in charge of airport operations, and has maintained the number one position in the world airport ranking for 12 consecutive years since 2005 in the World Airport Service Evaluation (ASQ). ..
  • 1979.4.6
    opening date
    Bomun Tourist Complex is an international tourist resort located in Gyeongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do.

    The Gyeongju Tourism Development Plan was finalized in August 1971, and construction began in 1974 and was designated as Bomun Tourist Complex in 1975.

    In April 1979, the first stage of construction was completed and the first site was opened as a tourist complex.

    The complex, built around Bomunho Lake, a route to the eastern Bulguksa Temple and Tohamsan Mountain district, is equipped with a tourist resort and various cultural and leisure facilities.

    The Bomun Tourist Complex was designated as a hot spring zone in 1991 and a special tourist zone in 1994.

    At Gyeongju Expo Park, where the comprehensive cultural fair will be held, there is an 82-meter-high Gyeongju Tower, which is designed with the nine-story wooden pagoda of Hwangnyongsa Temple, where you can see the Bomun Complex at a glance.

    Shilla Millennium Park, where state-of-the-art outdoor epic plays will be performed as a complex history theme park, and Tejium Gyeongju, a teddy bear exhibition space, are also popular attractions for visitors.
  • 1978.4.14
    Opening Day
    Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, located in Sejong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, was established by the Seoul Metropolitan Government and is one of Seoul's leading cultural and artistic institutions

    The Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, which has held many cultural events since its opening in 1978, is also a living witness of Korea's modern cultural and artistic history.
  • 1967.4.15
    Completion date
    The hall, which was opened on December 1, 1908, was completely burnt down by the North Korean military on September 27, 1950, but was rebuilt on April 15, 1967.

    The Seoul Christian Youth Center was a base for the activities of enlightenment intellectuals and young people, contributing greatly to the historical development of Korean churches and society.

    In particular, the anti-Japanese movement and enlightenment movement were carried out under Japanese colonial rule, and after liberation, the unification movement, democratization movement, and civic movement were carried out.
  • 1979.4.18
    Completion date
    Jamsil Indoor Stadium is an indoor arena located in Seoul Sports Complex.

    Construction began on December 1, 1976, and was completed on April 18, 1979, with 11,069 seats installed.

    It is used as an indoor ball game stadium such as basketball, volleyball, and handball, and various performance events are also held.

    It was also used as an indoor football stadium in 1985. It was used as a basketball and volleyball stadium at the 1986 Asian Games and at the 1988 Summer Olympics.
  • 1953.4.20
    landing day
    On April 20, 1953, resident 33 were landing on Dokdo and Ulleungdo to Dokdo until December 1956, in order to defend a Dokdo a volunteer activities by holding the guards.

    The government of the Republic of Korea of Dokdo in August 1954, on September 15, and a lighthouse and resident posts and on the Eastern Island 'The Dokdo ' stamps three species in the sale of two million copies.

    Dokdo is a police department, North Gyeongsang Province on December 31, 1956 a volunteer guard of gimyeongbok, gardens, seogijong, gardens, Lee Kyu-hyun, gardens, garden, let me get this, hwangyeongmun a total of nine.Ulleung Ulleung absorbed into the Dokdo guards and police station by police specially hired as a police officer.
  • 1984.5.1
    Opening Day
    Seoul Grand Park is a public park in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea.

    Seoul Grand Park, which was opened in 1984, was opened when the zoo and amusement facilities of Changgyeongwon were relocated to Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do as part of the restoration project of Changgyeonggung Palace in Seoul

    At that time, the construction cost was 98.5 billion won, which was completed five years after the construction began.

    There are the largest zoos and botanical gardens in Korea, and Seoul Land, an amusement park.
  • 1986.5.2
    Opening Date
    The Olympic Boulevard, which began construction in 1982, was one of the 5th Republic's comprehensive development projects.

    It was constructed to deal with the demand for transportation south of the Han River by establishing or improving a 37km-long motorway along the Han River.

    The road was also aimed at connecting Gimpo Airport to Jamsil Sports Complex (Olympic Main Stadium), located in Jamsil, along the Han River, to transport foreigners at the 1986 Asian Games and the 1988 Summer Olympics.

    As a result, unlike Gangbyeon Expressway, the road south of the Han River was named Olympic Boulevard.
  • 1962.5.12
    Opening Date
    Namsan Cable Car is a cable car section that runs between the platform in Hoehyeon-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul and the platform near the top of Namsan Mountain in Yejang-dong, Seoul.

    It is Korea's first passenger cable car, which started operation on May 12, 1962, and is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Seoul.
  • 1994.6.10
    Opening Day
    On June 10, 1994, the opening ceremony of the War Memorial Hall was held to commemorate the achievement of martyrdom.

    The War Memorial Hall, located in the former headquarters of the Army in Yongsan-gu, Seoul, has six exhibition rooms with two basement floors and four ground floors.

    It is Asia's largest war weapons museum and has many rare military artifacts, and many foreign visitors visit it.
  • 1995.6.17
    Opening Day
    Located in Jeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, the theater was created with the historical name of restoring Wongaksa Temple, the first modern theater in Korea.

    It is a three-story underground building and two-story building with 400 seats on the 460-pyeong land.

    It was established in 1995 for three indicators: the development and dissemination of traditional arts, the development of cultural movements in life, and the development of youth culture.
  • 1973.6.22
    Opening Date
    Namhae Bridge, the first suspension bridge in Korea with a total length of 660 meters and a height of 80 meters, was opened on June 22, 1973.

    This bridge connects Noryang-ri, Seolcheon-myeon, Namhae-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do with Noryang-ri, Geumnam-myeon, Hadong-gun.

    In 1968, Hyundai Engineering & Construction began construction as a whole, and it was completed after a construction period of 5 years and 1 month.
  • 1967.6.23
    Relocated day
    The Gyeonggi Provincial Government moved from Seoul to the foot of Paldang Mountain in Suwon on June 23, 1967.

    As the provincial government moved to Suwon, a business trip to Uijeongbu was created to take charge of administrative affairs in northern Gyeonggi Province.